In the course of studying at University, we will definitely have to write many essays, harvests or group exercises. But it is not easy to get a good essay or harvest and achieve a high score.
In this article, Essay A-Z will share the experiences and skills that we have accumulated in the process of writing an essay. Time before students often copy- paste the online texts into essays, sketchy and then submit to the teacher. But when doing lessons with concentration and passion for the topic that I have chosen, it is not too difficult to complete with 8 – 10 points.
So how is an essay? Currently, some students, especially first-year students, when assigned to write an essay, do not know what to write about? It is easy to understand, the essay is to write a report on a problem of a subject or a practical issue of a certain unit in order to draw conclusions, comments, suggestions export solutions to be able to implement or improve the mentioned problem and have a length of less than 30 pages.
A common essay has two forms, one is that the teacher will do it personally, and the teacher will assign a topic for the group to do together. For individuals, you will have to be more proactive in the process of writing a topic. However, when working as a team, you must know how to combine with other members to take advantage of each individual’s strengths, the job will be more relaxed and still achieve high efficiency.
We only note a small point that when working as a team, we must know the role of the leader is extremely important. The first thing that needs to be done is that the team needs to agree to choose a team leader, this group leader is not necessarily the best in the group, but must always be responsible for the job and must know how to arrange work, time for the whole group. The leader should divide the work scientifically, unify the work schedule as well as the deadline for the group to complete the work on time and effectively.
Whether being an individual or a group, the steps of writing an essay must follow the following sequence: Select essay topics; Outline; Identify sources of reference; Write content; Complete presentation steps and margin steps. Steps to do, note the following:
Select essay topic
This step is only done when the teacher allows you to freely choose the topic. At this point, defining a topic often requires the following conditions to be met:
- The topics you choose must be appropriate for the subject or the content of the teacher: there are many friends who choose the topic often do not pay attention to whether this topic is suitable for the content of the course or not. Read the instructor’s request carefully and make it easy to digress.
- If the topic is selected, you like and really enjoy doing it.
- The topic must be feasible: that is, we must have enough knowledge as well as materials to complete the article. The topic that you like doesn’t have enough knowledge to be able to find references as well as not work, so it’s best not to choose it.
Make an outline before writing an essay
The outline setting is very important because it relates to the composition and direction of the whole article. Therefore, we should make an outline and ask the teacher to give comments so that the article is not missing.
Usually the outline of an essay will usually consist of three main parts:
- The first part (chapter I or section I, depending on the way of marking): Also known as the reasoning chapter: raises some reasoning or introduces an overview of the problem of the article. If we intend to bring the lessons of the problem mentioned in the topic section, the most appropriate position will be at the end of this section.
- Part two (chapter II or section II): is the status and assessment: clearly stating the situation of the problem written in the topic and assessments about that problem.
- Part 3: often write about solutions and recommendations, or raise some lessons learned from the research or propose directions for the coming time. In this section, it is best to set out on the basis of the situation, many difficulties or obstacles, or problems of the problems mentioned in Chapter 2. In this section, we should propose from the point of view of fish. multiply to be able to perfect the theoretical aspects that link to the topic.
Identify sources of references
Depending on the topic of implementation, some major reference sources will be
- Course syllabus or some other related subjects
- Reference books often have content related to the topic.
- In research papers, newspaper reviews, scientific papers, previous research topics … related to the topic
- Website: this is a very rich source and will be the main source of material that can support us in the process of writing articles. But, the sources of these websites are quite complex or the accuracy is not high.
We have a few small tips on finding documents on the website as follows:
- Using google search engine: we should type keywords that are not too long nor too short to avoid omitting the website but l