In the third year university program, in some subjects, students write essays instead of essay writing exams. This is an opportunity for students to practice skills in collecting materials, processing information, expressing knowledge and views of individuals on a scientific issue. However, in fact, many students still do not know how to write a standard essay on presentation and scientific content in terms of content. Therefore, in this article, we would like to discuss with students some experiences to help you achieve better results when writing an essay.
In order to write well the essay, we need to divide and complete the following steps: preparation, writing, examination, completion.
Step 1 – prepare:
- Determining the purpose of writing essays: determining the purpose of writing essays should be based on the requirements of the essay.
- Determine essay type, essay requirements: determine essays about basic science or educational science? Which is the basic use of reasoning? (explanation, analysis, proof, comment …). From there, outlines the main directions, methods and content to implement essays.
- Prepare essay content diagrams: diagrams with main topics and branch topics, distributed according to the thesis system, arguments, arguments (inductive or interpretive directions) and presented according to heading system, sub-section (eg 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, 22.214.171.124, to ensure systematic and scientific). When making a map, attach each thesis, supporting information about the source of documents and addresses to search for documents; How much is the content for each content?
- Outline the composition of the essay: the composition consists of 3 parts:
- Opening (introduction to the problem).
- Content (content deployment).
- Conclusion (conclusion of the issue, summary).
Step 2 – write essays:
When writing, it is necessary to respect the diagram (outline) that has been prepared in preparation to ensure consistency and system. However, if necessary, it is also possible to adjust the position of the arguments and arguments accordingly. Attention:
- Analyzing the content depending on the requirements that have been determined (what do you mean by the mind, what do you mean by the outline, what do you analyze in detail, with examples, what do you just say …).
- Analysis of illustrative examples for each content should pay attention to the appropriateness and exemplarity of the example to highlight the theory, avoid taking examples of not winning, analyzing unknown purposes.
- When writing the content of each thesis, it is also necessary to control and estimate the initial number of pages in order to ensure the length of each section is in harmony with the other parts, avoiding the arbitrary writing of the contents of the essay.
- Need to interact with teachers or friends in the process of writing essays, when there are concerns, questions about knowledge or structure to ensure the accuracy of knowledge in the essay.
Step 3 – review and complete essays:
After writing, review the entire essay. Notice the following points:
- The matching between headings and sub-sections in the essay contents with the table of contents.
- The agreement between the headings, sub-sections and contents.
- Is the cited source document accurate and consistent with the essay content?
- About the presentation, there is also an expression, sentence, word or spelling error?
– Check the completeness and accuracy of the information on the essay cover (module name; essay name; first and last name; the first and last name of the instructor; implementation time).
With some experience discussed in this article, we hope to help you achieve better results in the process of making an essay. Good luck.